• 2 lb pork: trim extra fat and cut into small pieces or strips
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 Tbsp sesame or peanut oil (your preference)
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup Chinese rice wine
• 1 Tbsp Sriracha
• 1 tsp minced/grated fresh ginger
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp All You Can Spice Chinese 5 Spice
• 1/2 lb. sugar snap peas (fresh or frozen), with hard end pinched off
• (optional) 1 bunch of green onions, chopped, for garnish
1. Season pork strips with kosher salt and pepper
2. In a medium mixing bowl, add the water, dark brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, Sriracha, ginger, garlic, and All You Can Spice Chinese 5 Spice. Set aside.
3. Heat a wok or large non-stick skillet on high. Add oil. Once oil is hot, cook pork strips until they are done and browned (3-4 minutes, depending on thickness and heat of your pan).
4. Add the sugar snap peas.
5. Give your sauce another quick whisk, and pour into the wok, stirring frequently. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the sugar snap peas are cooked yet still crisped.
6. Remove everything from wok into a large bowl. Serve immediately over white or brown rice. Garnish with green onions if desired.
Note: this dish is meant to be cooked in a wok, which is why the heat is on high the whole time. If you do not have a wok, adjust your cooking temperature as needed.
Serves: 3-4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
Comments will be approved before showing up.