• 1/3 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 Tbsp honey
• 2 tsp All You Can Spice Chinese 5 Spice
• 2 Tbsp peanut or sesame oil (your preference)
• 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
• 5 stalks of celery, sliced diagonally
• 1 head of broccoli, broken/cut into mini florets
• 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
• 3 cups fresh mung bean sprouts
• 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
• 1 bunch of green onions, chopped, for garnish
• (optional: For meat eaters, add a pack of thinly sliced chicken or steak. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Brown the meat beforehand and set aside. If adding meat, you should double the sauce*)
1. In a medium mixing bowl, add soy sauce, water, honey, and All You Can Spice Chinese 5 Spice. Whisk until blended. Set aside.
2. Heat a wok or large non-stick skillet on high. Add oil. Add onion, celery, broccoli, and peppers. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add mushrooms and mung bean sprouts. (Add optional meat here) Give your sauce a quick whisk and pour over all veggies. Cook for another 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Remove everything from the pot into a large bowl (because of the high heat).
Serve over white or brown rice, or eat it by itself. Garnish with green onions.
Note: this dish is meant to be cooked in a wok, which is why the heat is on high the whole time. If you do not have a wok, adjust your cooking temperature as needed.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes
Comments will be approved before showing up.