- 4 cups mango, finely chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3-1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon All You Can Spice Advieh
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- For more spice, sprinkle with cayenne pepper
- Peel, pit and finely chop the ripe mango (one large or 2 medium ones). Sprinkle sugar and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Place this mixture in a thick-bottomed, large, deep pot. Bring the mixture to a boil on medium-high heat and boil for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add Advieh and grated ginger, reduce heat and cook about 15-20 minutes or until mixture turns thick.
- Add vinegar and cayenne if desired, stirring and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool at room temperature. Chutney will get thicker as it cools. You can serve immediately with your favorite meat. Keeps well for a couple of weeks.
- Serve on water crackers with goat cheese.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.