• 2 Tbsp oil
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 1 tsp/5 dashes red chili flakes
• 1 Tbsp ginger, minced or grated
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 Tbsp honey
• 2 Tbsp soy sauce
• ½ tsp All You Can Spice Chinese Five Spice
• 1 pack of chicken thighs (5-6) cut into ½ inch cubes
• 1.5 Tbsp fish sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Bunch of green onions, chopped, for garnish
• (optional) Crushed peanuts or cashews for garnish
1. Using a wok or large non-stick skillet, bring to high heat and add oil. Add chopped onion and 5 dashes of red chili flakes. Saute onions until they are translucent.
2. Add ginger, garlic, honey, soy sauce, and five spice. Mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add chopped chicken thighs and mix. Let cook until chicken is done, tossing as needed.
4. Add fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix everything well and cook for another 30 seconds or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
5. Garnish with chopped green onion (optional: also garnish with crushed peanuts or cashews).
Tip: Woks really make a difference. When using one, always keep it on high heat, and never leave the stove. It cooks fast but can also burn fast if forgotten.
Serves: 3-4 Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes
Comments will be approved before showing up.