Crockpot Taco Chili
Chili is such a great meal for any time of the year. Remember those times at the playground eating chili on a hot dog or in a Frito pie in the summer? Or maybe it was on a cold day in the winter where you had it in a bowl with some crumbled tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top. Whatever the month, a good chili can satisfy all those bellies around your dinner table.
Our recipe is simple, delicious, and nutritious. With sweet potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes, and black beans, this hearty chili is sure to delight your taste buds and quell your hunger. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs. ground chicken, turkey, etc.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. All You Can Spice Taco Seasoning
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped
- 1-2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste (the Taco Seasoning already has some salt in it, so only add salt at the end after you have already tasted it.)
- Heat oil in skillet on high. Add ground meat and chopped onions. Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt. Brown ground meat until no longer pink and onions are translucent, breaking clumps. Drain fat if desired. Add 2 rounded Tablespoons Taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Transfer meat to crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and the remaining 1 Tablespoon of Taco Seasoning. Stir everything until well combined.
- Cook on low for 7 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve chili with chopped green onions, cilantro, shredded cheese, corn or tortilla chips, avocado slices or sour cream.
- Chili can also be cooked on the stove top until all veggies are soft and cooked through. ¡Salud!
Grab your own bottle of our Taco Seasoning here!
*Note: When timer is done, open the top and check the thickness of the chili. If too thick, add small amounts of water at a time until it is thinner. If it is too thin, try leaving the top off for a while and occasionally stir, or use a corn starch and water mixture to thicken it up.
Please comment what you liked, didn't like, or changed! We at All You Can Spice will always look forward to your ideas and recommendations.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.