• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 3 lbs boneless beef stew meat
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 5 carrots, large diced
• 1 poblano pepper, seeded and minced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 cup rum
• 2 cups chicken stock
• 2 Tbsp All You Can Spice™ Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
• 4 sprigs fresh thyme
• 2 bay leaves
• 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
• 1 Tbsp soy sauce
• 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 cup chopped green onions to garnish
• 2 cups uncooked long grain white or brown rice
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Season stew meat with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over high heat until smoking. Add beef to pan and brown both sides, about 1 minute each side. Add onions and carrots; stir well. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and cook for 30 seconds. Lower heat to medium and add poblano pepper, rum, and garlic. Bring to a boil. Add chicken broth, thyme, All You Can Spice™ Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and bay leaves.
2. Bring the contents back to a boil, stir, cover, and transfer to the middle rack of your oven. Cook for 1 ½ hours, or until the meat is tender enough to be pulled apart by a fork.
3. Remove from oven, take out thyme sprigs and bay leaves. Taste stew, and season with salt and pepper if needed. Pour stew over rice and garnish with green onions. Hungry yet?
Tip: Do you like things hot? Substitute the poblano pepper with 2 habanero or Scotch Bonnet peppers.
Serves 6-8 Prep Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 2 hours
Comments will be approved before showing up.