These meatballs have been Jamaican me crazy lately. We know it's hard to beat the ones your grandma fed you, but you won't regret trying this new take on an old kitchen staple. Filled with the flavors of the Caribbean, these meatballs will make you feel like you're on a white sand beach looking out on the crystal clear waters surrounding Jamaica.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ½ medium red pepper, finely diced
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, panko if desired
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp. All You Can Spice Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
- Saute the diced onion and red pepper in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil until translucent. Add the minced garlic and continue to saute for about 2 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the sauteed vegetables, ground pork, ground beef, breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, milk, pineapple juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, Jamaican Jerk seasoning, salt and black pepper. Use your hands to mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, form into bite sized balls and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes. Increase the temperature to 425°F and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with a Caribbean type dipping sauce (Trader Joe's makes a great one). Or here's another idea: Spray the inside of your slow cooker with cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, mix together ⅓ cup of store brand Caribbean jerk marinade & sauce, ⅔ cup of chili sauce, and 1 10 oz jar of pineapple preserves. Mix together and pour over the cooked meatballs in the slow cooker. Simmer on low for 2 hours, then keep warm until serving.
Grab your own bottle of Jamaican Jerk Seasoning here! People keep telling us it's different than any other Jerk seasoning they've ever tried.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.