Mushroom Quiche or Tart
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, thawed or 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz cremini or mini bella mushrooms, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp All You Can Spice Herbes de Provence
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- ¼ block of cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp each of salt and black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prick pie shell all over with a fork. Prebake shell for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Cook the chopped bacon, onion, garlic, chopped mushrooms and All You Can Spice Herbes de Provence over medium heat until the bacon is cooked and the mushrooms have released most of their liquid.
- Add the wine and continue to cook until the liquid is mostly evaporated. Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Whisk together heavy cream and eggs and combine with mushroom mixture. Add shredded cheese.
- Spread mixture in the bottom of the pie shell. Decorate top with sliced mushrooms if desired.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To serve as an appetizer, unroll puff pastry to fit a small tart pan or cut into squares. Omit the eggs and heavy cream. Reduce cooking time to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.