Persian Molasses Cookies
Ever since we came out with our own version of Advieh Seasoning, a warm yet floral Persian spice blend, it has been causing a flurry of excitement. We sent out recipes in our subscription box for you to make a nutritious chicken salad, a warm beef and split pea stew, plus some delicious vegetarian lentil patties, but the spice has even surprised our chefs in the kitchen.
We found out that our Advieh goes great in all kinds of desserts, and that's the recipe you've stumbled upon today. These Persian Molasses cookies are out of this world. If you like to bake, you have GOT to try these out.
Makes 3-4 dozen (depending on size you make them).
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¾ cup Crisco shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbsp. All You Can Spice Advieh Seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Sugar for rolling
- Combine molasses, shortening, sugar, and egg in mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
- Chill the dough in fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees when take dough out for shaping cookies.
- Prepare a flat surface with parchment paper and sprinkle sugar evenly throughout. Shape dough into small balls with cookie scoop and then roll in loose sugar. Place on cookie sheets lined with foil or parchment paper. Do not press down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- Dough could also be used for rolling and cutting out with cookie stamps or cutters. Be sure to flour your work surface before rolling with rolling pin.
Grab your own bottle of our Advieh here!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.