Pumpkin Spice Easy King Cake
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Purple, green, and yellow sugar (can use food coloring with Turbinado sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Unroll refrigerated crescent rolls and pinch all seams together to form a rectangle. Flatten rectangle with rolling pin (flour board before rolling to keep from sticking).
- Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, All You Can Spice Pumpkin Spice and pecans in food processor or blender until pulsed. Spread along the center of rectangle of dough.
- Cut 5-6 slits on each side of mixture. Fold the sides over the filling like a braid and pinching any holes to keep mixture from escaping. Gently form the dough into a circle on pizza pan. Pinch ends of circle together.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While baking, mix sugar, water and vanilla. Remove cake from oven and spoon icing in sections and sprinkle on colored sugar while icing is wet.
You can slip in a plastic baby or bean inside braid before or after baking for the true meaning of King Cake. This cake serves 6. You can use 2 cans of crescent rolls and double the mixture and icing for a larger King Cake. Easy, fast and delicious!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.